February was full of fun little things. Here's the rundown of some highlights....
-February was "I Love Reading" month at school for Jillian. They had several events and fun things to enjoy in class in celebration of reading. I was able to participate as one of the mystery readers. It was fun to surprise Jillian and read her class a couple of our favorite books.
-Jillian has started coming to snuggle/talk with me in bed most mornings. Matt leaves early and I usually lay in bed with my coffee and my book or laptop until one of the girls comes to get me. She tried on Matt's glasses so we sent him this selfie at work.
-Jillian also found a new use for my label maker. Just for the record, the sign on her bedroom door was meant for me and not her little sister.
-Matt took Adrienne to her preschool carnival. They had loads of fun decorating cupcakes, getting her hair sprayed pink, eating way too much sugar, meeting Elsa (again), and enjoying face painting.
Jillian and I didn't go to the carnival because she was invited to go out to dinner with her friend Lizzy for her birthday. Lizzy's family picked her and another friend up and they went to Taco Bell, which Jillian thought was AMAZING. I had a quiet hour at home, and then we sat together in the living room reading our novels until the carnival-goers returned.
-On Superbowl Sunday, we made a fabulous s'mores dip for dessert. My little sugar lovers were all.over.it.
My three favorites snuggled together on the couch as we watched the halftime show.
-In my previous post, I mentioned all the sassy things Jillian shouts at me...but sometimes, she writes me some pretty heart-melting notes.
-The girls did their own valentines for school. Adrienne signed her name on all of them independently, and Jillian wrote a personalized note to each classmate. I did nothing!
-My 2015 blog books arrived. I had so many pictures and posts from last year, that the year had to be divided between two books! Receiving these in the mail is one of my favorite days of the year. Writing this blog to record the girls' childhoods is the one thing I do as a mom that doesn't get undone. Dishes get dirty, food gets eaten, laundry needs to be washed and folded again, and so on...but my words and pictures are never erased. It's really gratifying to see the girls enjoy looking at them now that they are older.
-We had some playdates with new friends. The girls enjoyed an evening with Teagan (and her mom, Katie, and little brother Liam) while Matt was at poker. We had pizza and the girls did lots and lots of giggling.
We went to Bella and Paige's house (friends from church) on President's Day, and the girls played amazingly well for hours. They even put on a little play for the moms.
-I never get tired of seeing Jillian read in bed at night. And the mermaid tail blanket just makes me smile.
-Adrienne is really stepping up her coloring game. She was so proud of this one--"Mom I worked on this for more than one day!"
-Matt and I had a long overdue double date with Michael and Jenni. We had a leisurely sushi dinner, then headed downtown to Social Ice, where we lasted for approximately 10 minutes before deciding we were too old and over the crowds. We high tailed it to the Tap House and enjoyed the rest of the evening sitting comfortably in the warmth.
-Matt got so tired of the girls fighting one Sunday afternoon that he made them both get inside a "get along shirt" until they could be nice to each other. Lots of laughter through the tears.
-Jillian is winding down her basketball season. One more practice and one more game. She has improved a lot, and says she wants to play again next year.
Adrienne goes with the flow so well, as she sits through practices with me coloring and talking to me.
-Jillian threw her hat in the presidential race. I'd vote for her!
-We celebrated a GREAT school conference for Jillian at Flapdoodles. She is rocking first grade, and her teacher continues to praise her for her excellent writing skills.
-Tooth number 5 came out! Or should I say it was yanked out. Jillian was tired of the wiggly tooth, so she locked herself in the bathroom yesterday and worked until she pulled it free.
-Matt told the girls he would take them to the store to pick up supplies to make something out of the Harry Potter cookbook. I relinquished control of the kitchen while these three made "Peanut Butter Bon Bons". The most hilarious moment was as they were ready to start, Adrienne inquired "Dad do you even know how to cook?"
Yep, the peanut butter bon bons were a hit....
And one last little story...Adrienne told me that she had the hiccups the other night so I told her to get some water. The next day she said, "Mom that water didn't help me get rid of my hiccups, so I prayed about it and my hiccups went away!" I told her that was great that she thought to pray about it. And then she said, with big, round eyes full of wonder, "Yes, because Jesus can do mi-wa-cles!" Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment