template

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Day of Love

I love Valentine's Day, always have. It is even more fun with little girls.  I decided to start off the season on February 1st, by stealing a Pinterest suggestion. Every night after the girls were in bed  I would tape a heart to each of their doors listing something I love about them. It was a fun little activity that delighted them and was good for me to take time and pause and reflect on the things I love about each of them.


A's door....


J's door....



I spent the morning of Valentine's Day singing in the band at church, so when I got home around lunch time we were ready to start celebrating.

Inside one of my gifts was this little treat. Jillian told Matt she was just sure that "Mom would like some Snitchers". Matt told me Jillian selected this one especially for me--takes one to know one!


The girls enjoying their new blankets. They both love their "merna-maid" tails.

We introduced Jillian to the fine art of Mad Libs and she finds them completely hilarious.

I decided to surprise the girls with a fancy dinner and decorated table, so while they were in the shower I set up. Thank you Target dollar bin.

I will pause here to share the story of the flowers on the table. Last week, Jillian's friend Noah told his mom he wanted to get Jillian some flowers with his own money. His mom texted to ask if we would be OK with this. She said that Noah wanted to give her one white rose and one yellow rose, when put together would stand for 'eternal friendship'. So, Noah's mom brought the flowers to the pick up line at school and Noah gave them to Jillian explaining what they meant. Needless to say she was over the moon.

Valentine's dessert....chocolate cake spread with Nutella, fresh whipped cream and strawberries.

I had a hard time keeping these monkeys out of the kitchen

I told everyone to get dressed up for a fancy dinner. The girls wanted me to do their hair, and I let them wear my jewelry and a little makeup. Adrienne asked for an updo. I think I did pretty good for a quick one.

All dolled up and ready for dinner!





Daddy and I got dressed up, too. Not sure what this look on Matt's face is about...

Family selfie

My favorite shot. Yep, we are totally normal.

My loves enjoying their meal. The girls were especially excited to drink out of my Grandma's glasses. I loved these red and white glasses as a kid and am so happy to own them now. I know Grams would love that the girls are enjoying them.

A fun end to a great day. Love my little family.





1 comment: