Adrienne is so much like my sister Megan was as a child. So much, sometimes, that I would swear she belongs to her if I didn't remember birthing her myself. I see this resemblance in many ways--mostly in her sense of humor and ornery personality (and if you'll recall, her disaster of a bathroom sink). Recently, Adrienne started a new form of play that has "Megan" written all over it and is quickly depleting our toilet paper supply. When we were kids, Megan used to "cast" our Barbies with wet toilet paper. They always had some sort of dire injury that required her services, and we still laugh when thinking about all the dried up toilet paper scraps my mom would find on the floor later on. To my knowledge, Megan has never 'trained' Adrienne, nor have I ever mentioned this to her. So, imagine my giggle when I found this a few weeks ago.
Yes, poor Draculaura had a run-in with "mean Elsa" who "freezed her head".
I love how she made sure to rip a hole so Draculaura could see through the bandage. Also, is it customary for an attacker to visit her victim as she recovers?
On another night, I went up for my pre-bedtime check and found this poor kitty from a Happy Meal in dire straights, taped to the "hospital bed" while Maleficient reigned supreme.
Things must have gotten worse for Draculaura. The next bandage was much more severe and vision occluding.
And last night, the mother of all sights left me nearly rolling on the floor laughing.
Draculaura is having a really hard month. The hospital budget must be tight, because now Dr. Adrienne has resorted to using washcloths, painters tape (where she found this, I have no idea)...and wait for it....a pair of her own underwear. Let's hope they were clean. Keep fighting the good fight, Draculaura! You've got this.
Oh my gosh, John and I are rolling with laughter as we read this! Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteMalia, I still love following your blog, always makes me smile. Also, at least mini Megan treats her patients. If you were in my house, figures die from bleeding out red play dough. The joys of motherhood. Say hi to your whole family from me.
ReplyDelete