template

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hoop Dreams

Jillian decided she'd like to try basketball for her winter activity, so after some thought, I signed her up for Champion Basketball which is a Christian organization geared toward teaching kids fundamentals, giving equal play time, etc. She is on a team with 1st and 2nd grade girls, and was sooooo excited for her first practice tonight. As I cleaned out her backpack this afternoon, I found a list she made during her free time at school. I asked her about it and she said "Oh, that's just my basketball plan". This makes me smile more than I can say....

The other side of the paper contained this picture depicting the girls smashing the boys in a game. So cute. Girls rule!

Jillian was over the moon to learn that her friend and classmate, Cate, is on her team. Cate's older sister has played in this league before so she had lots of advice for Jillian. Jillian at the last minute told me that "Cate says I have to have tall socks". Well, she didn't own any tall socks, except for soccer socks. So that's what she wore. We got to the gym and she was just bursting at the seams with excitement. Here she is with Cate just before practice began.






After practice, sporting her game jersey....over the moon with excitement. She has two more practices, then will start games every Saturday through March. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment