template

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Random Thoughts

I am scattered this week. That is what happens when you begin preparing for a trip over the ocean with two small children. I can't seem to focus on one particular thing, forget what I am looking for when I enter a room, and I literally just hit the 'start' button on my Keurig maker and left the coffee cup on the counter, not under the stream of coffee. Awesome. Maybe that is a sign that I shouldn't drink another cup of coffee. A hyper-caffeinated state probably isn't a good idea when  you are stressed and nervous about a big trip with small children. All this is to say that I will be on a blogging hiatus for a bit while we travel and enjoy a little sand and sun (and Mai Tais! ). If you are the praying type, send a few up for our safety, survival, and sanity (it's clear we have lost some of it, pray to retain what little is left). Now, I have a few thoughts I want to record before I forget those--and I'm sure that this isn't a complete list of what I originally intended!

-Jillian got up Friday morning while my mom was here and was out coloring with her in the kitchen. She heard me get up and then came to find me in the bathroom, where she casually greeted me with , "Oh Good Morning, Mom. I'm just coloring a camel". She was in fact coloring a picture of a camel. I suggested she go ahead and get dressed, and asked her what she wanted to wear. Her reply: " Well I guess you'll find out!"

-On Saturday, I ran some trip errands while Mom was here with the girls. She texted me and told me they had a surprise for me, that Jillian was really excited about it. When I got home I found the toy room completely cleaned, and both girls yelling 'surprise'! It really was immaculate, and Mom said Jillian made sure to wipe everything down with baby wipes, too. A reflection of my obsession with that I suppose. Anyway, the cuteness of this is that mom said while Jillian was cleaning, she kept saying "This makes my heart so happy to clean this for my mom". It made my heart happy, too, Jillian!

-When I dropped Jillian off at school yesterday morning, her art teacher pulled me aside and said she had to tell me a story. Last week she introduced the idea of mixing colors on the color wheel, and was engaged in a lesson about it during circle time. I think a book or some sort of story board was involved. The teacher said that Jillian is more excited about learning than any student she's ever had, and that she totally made her day with her particular exuberance about this activity. As the teacher was reading the book, they were on a page where they asked what color a certain two (she didn't tell me which) colors would make if mixed. She said, Jillian was visibly on the edge of her seat, bouncing, and exclaiming, "Oh, I wonder what it's going to be!?! I"m so excited! Hurry and turn the page!"

-Adrienne is sort of an unrecognizable little creature to me lately. I think it is perhaps because she is so easy going by nature, but she is quite the toddler monster these days. She is clingy, whiny, and stubborn. She refuses to eat breakfast in the morning, throws fits when I have to take my keys from her to actually drive the car, screams when I make her take her jacket or shoes off in the house. I suddenly feel like anything productive is out of the question during her waking hours, because her neediness has increased. Despite all of this, Matt still insists she'll be just fine on the airplane. Right.

-Adrienne's "nose" (wipe/tissue/what have you) obsession is still in full swing. I mentioned before that she always asks for one when she takes a nap/goes to bed. I reached under her crib to get her lovie before a nap over the weekend and pulled out this wad of "nose". I guess they all fall between the slats at night; they add up quickly!


-We continue to observe amazing language abilities in Adrienne. Her latest huge statements include, "I want to take a baf with Jee-yee-uh" (I want to take a bath with Jillian), "I need a di-per change" (I need a diaper change), and "Dank you for duh hice keem, Mommy" (Thank you for the ice cream, Mommy). Last night as we were celebrating Matt's birthday, she kept asking for more ice cream (I want some hice keem, Mommy). She jabbered and jabbered away, until we actually tried to record it. Of course I couldn't get much at that point, but this will at least demonstrate how cute "hice keem" sounds when it comes out of her little mouth. You can also hear her say, "I want baby Bryce" which she says every time she sees my phone--she loves to look at pictures of her little cousin!

-

1 comment:

  1. Your stories make me laugh! I especially love Jillian's enthusiasm for the color book! And A's language...wow! Will be praying for your trip...can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete