I had my second OB appt today, and thankfully, Matt was able to make this one. Here is how it went....
BP: 104/60
Weight gain: 3.5 lbs
Dr. J. asked us if we wanted to see the baby, and of course our answer was yes. This was the first time Matt had seen the baby "live", so I know he was hoping we'd get another ultrasound. What we saw on that screen was enough to almost move me to tears. We witnessed the wildest, craziest fetus jumping around and moving non-stop. Matt likened it to a caged animal trying to claw its way out. Jillian was very busy in utero, and this of course translated into a very busy child. This kid made Jillian look like a slug! Matt was laughing hysterically, and I was almost crying in fear. Even the dr. commented on how wiggly the kid was. Oh dear. I'm not sure I can handle a second wild child, especially one wilder than Jillian! This must mean that this kid is a boy. The only possible thing busier than my busy girl would be a busy boy. How's that for logic?
I asked Dr. J. about my due date again, because I just can't seem to accept July 1st (June 25th just sounds sooo much sooner to me!). He re-measured on ultrasound, and the baby was right in between the two dates. He and Matt sort of giggled at me and told me just to pick whichever due date I want to follow. We knew my dates were right with Jillian because of the Clomid, so it drives this exact person crazy to have this ambiguity floating around. Oh well, I know it won't matter in the end. Back to the matter at hand...here is our wild child #2 at 12ish weeks, waving hello to the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment