Since I'm so far behind, I'm going to lump the first half of January together, despite the fact that many events deserve their own post. So it goes.
Matt had some time off around the New Year and we decided to jump in the car one day and head up to the MOA. We had lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (newly opened in the theme park), then I did a bit of shopping while Matt and the girls rode some rides. We then headed to REI for some coat shopping for Matt and then a fast dinner at Potbelly before driving home.
 |
| Matt and Adrienne riding the Ferris wheel. Jillian was standing next to me crying, because she regretted refusing to ride this ride that seemed "too scary", despite prompting and reassuring from all of us. Live and learn. |
 |
| Coffee break for us--chocolate break for the kids. I find Jillian's expression to be hilarious. |
Jillian lost her second tooth. I had to pull this one. I hate wiggly teeth, but she had fiddled with it so much that it started to bleed and she was freaking out. I put my big girl panties on and did the job. The tooth fairy smartened up this time and brought "circle money"
Matt turned 37! I love to say that he is now in his late 30s while his "young" wife is still in her mid-30s for 7 more months. The girls and I made him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, and a pretty divine chocolate cake. We decorated with Spiderman stuff because we figured that the lone guy in our house deserved a break from all the princess action around here.
 |
| Opening gifts, |
 |
| Flanked by his admirers |
 |
| He did have to put up with some leftover Christmas FROZEN wrapping paper. |
 |
| Jillian reading the card she wrote |
 |
| They were pretty proud to give him Hungry Hungry Hippos, since we have become quite the gamers around here. |
 |
| Weak attempt at making a 3 and a 7 out of sparkler candles. |
 |
| Don't be fooled--this isn't Little Red Riding Hood. This is Rapunzel. The cape functions as her hair. Duh. |
 |
| Good to the last lick |
 |
| What? |
Adrienne had beach day at preschool, where the kids pretended to be in the warm sun at the beach. This was timely considering we were headed to the actual beach two days later....
No comments:
Post a Comment